Whether for a birthday or Christmas, finding the perfect gift for a close friend or colleague passionate about running, cycling or swimming can be a real challenge. That’s why we thought to lend you a hand with some creative gift ideas that will surely make any endurance athlete’s heart beat faster.
No gift stays etched in the memory like a unique experience. A registration for a running, triathlon or cycling event is a gift that turns each training day into a special countdown. When combined with shared training sessions, it becomes a gift destined to leave an indelible impression.
Endurance athletes’ accessories
Perhaps less personal, but certainly appreciated and useful, are specific gadgets and accessories for running, cycling and swimming. Here are some ideas:
- Technical clothing: By choosing the right technical clothing, endurance athletes can maximize their performance and ensure comfortable sporting practice in every discipline. Breathable jersey, trousers with padding, windproof jacket, cycling gloves, swimming trunks, training fins… The choice is varied, it’s up to you to find the one that suits your recipient!
- GPS watch: A perfect companion for monitoring performance in training and races. If it’s also part of the 2PEAK compatible devices (Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Coros, Strava, Fitbit, Apple Watch, Wahoo), it’s an added bonus 😉
- Power Meter: The best training is based on power. Stryd is a wearable device that attaches to your shoe and communicates with your watch or phone. An excellent tool for analyzing your running performance and balancing your training. You can integrate your 2PEAK training plan with the Stryd running power meter. Even for cyclists, a power meter that provides real-time power data can be the right gift to help them improve their sports performance.
- Sports glasses: Choosing goggles suited to the specific sport contributes to improved performance and comfort, ensuring a safer and more satisfying experience. Here are some parameters to consider: comfort and UV protection in running, aerodynamics and helmet compatibility in cycling, watertight seals and anti-fog lenses in swimming.
- Wireless headphones/earbuds: If sweat-resistant even better!
- Head or Bicycle Lamp
- Wearable belt or Hydration backpack
- Sports bands or elastic mini-bands: For muscle strengthening exercises.
- Equipment Maintenance Kit: A complete set for the maintenance of triathlon bikes and equipment.
Training is one side of the sport; regeneration is the other. Recovery measures are numerous and some of them are very suitable for a gift: a massage, a visit to the spa, additives for a relaxing bath, a massage gun or even a cookbook. Of course, all of these items can be combined into a “regenerative package.”
Pasta or sports snacks
Nutrition plays a crucial role in the everyday training of endurance athletes, whether they are running, cycling or triathletes. It not only influences performance, but also the ability to regenerate. Homemade pasta is a popular choice that goes down well with athletes. You can find a suitable recipe here.
For triathletes and cyclists, there are also sport-specific energy sources such as gels, bars or multivitamins. Homemade sports snacks, for example bars, muesli mixes or energy balls, lovingly packaged, are also excellent gift ideas that are suitable for all endurance athletes.
Swimming lessons or Running technique courses
To improve your skills in any triathlon discipline, gifting a swimming or running technique improvement course is a great option. Be sure to choose a course that fits the needs and goals of the gift recipient.
A 2PEAK online training plan voucher is the perfect gift for structuring your training. On this page, you can customize your 2PEAK voucher and offer a subscription to the desired recipient. If you have any questions, please contact our support team at [email protected]
Create with 2PEAK an AI-based training plan for triathlon, cycling and running that adapts to your performance after each training session. Download the app and start revolutionizing your training.