Whether you are an ambitious cycling competitor or someone just looking to stay healthy or lose weight, indoor cycling training is an excellent option in the fall and winter. It can however be hard to get a good indoor training set up. Other than a bike and trainer or rollers, there are a few things that will make your indoor pain cave as nice as possible.
Intense indoor trainings are fun and improve your fitness. The 2PEAK training Program not only gets you safely through the winter but also makes you stronger and more versatile.
Does it help if you ride standing up for a while every now and then during cycling training?
A fast cadence training promises an improvement of your pedaling rotation and an optimized interaction of the different muscle groups.
New scientific studies show that there are individual optimal cadence settings for different riding situations.
Are there any figures that show the best tire pressure for training and competition on a road bike without getting a flat tire? How hard are the tires of racing bikes inflated?
There are several aspects of a well organized training plan that make it a good training plan and following one will help you achieve your goals no matter how modest or ambitious they are. But why is this the case? Here are some of the best reasons.
For many amateur cyclists, The problem is not the competition, but muscle tension in their neck, which makes longer rides torture. Here are the best tips to fight neck problems.
Problem zone neck
- Muscular deficits: With weak core, back and shoulder muscles, the problem often accumulates around the neck.
- Too abrupt start: Neck pain is also inevitable if you ride your bike very rarely or plan a longer ride at the beginning of the season.
- Too long rides: Tours lasting several hours or even long pass rides, where the neck has to be constantly held up forward while at the same time putting strain on the arms through frequent braking, promote neck pain.
- Cervical spine: With increasing age (in which there are many cyclists), the mobility of the cervical spine usually decreases, causing the neck muscles to contract more quickly than in younger years.
- Special problems: Under certain circumstances, individual malpositions (difference in leg length) or specific medical problems (incipient inter-vertebral disc problems) can also make themselves felt with neck problems.
Loose and without “sagging”