How did professional runner Viktor Röthlin design his strength training? Which muscle groups should marathon runners pay special attention to?
For many amateur cyclists, The problem is not the competition, but muscle tension in their neck, which makes longer rides torture. Here are the best tips to fight neck problems.
Problem zone neck
- Muscular deficits: With weak core, back and shoulder muscles, the problem often accumulates around the neck.
- Too abrupt start: Neck pain is also inevitable if you ride your bike very rarely or plan a longer ride at the beginning of the season.
- Too long rides: Tours lasting several hours or even long pass rides, where the neck has to be constantly held up forward while at the same time putting strain on the arms through frequent braking, promote neck pain.
- Cervical spine: With increasing age (in which there are many cyclists), the mobility of the cervical spine usually decreases, causing the neck muscles to contract more quickly than in younger years.
- Special problems: Under certain circumstances, individual malpositions (difference in leg length) or specific medical problems (incipient inter-vertebral disc problems) can also make themselves felt with neck problems.
Loose and without “sagging”
Everyone talks about watts. But what are the figures produced the best riders in big cycling and Ironman races?
TRUTH or MYTH?
Everyday wisdom is often stubbornly persistent, especially when it comes to nutrition. Nutritionist Paolo Colombani examined for FIT for LIFE 15 nutrition myths that could interest athletes and determined which are TRUTH or MYTH.
News – or Myth
At the end of the 1970s at the latest, researchers began to study the metabolism during training after short-term fasting from a few hours to a day. Already the results of the early studies showed an increased fat burn and savings in muscle glycogen during such training. But does this also lead to a better (endurance) athletic performance?
In rest lies strength – the key to success in sport is not only the effort, but also the recovery. Only those who recover sufficiently can perform at their best.
Many athletes swear by sports drinks, while others only drink water. Here are the most important hydration questions and their answers.
A healthy fat metabolism delays performance decline. But how do you train your fat metabolism? Our author conducted a self-experiment.